The Empress Effects ZOIA is basically a modular synthesizer in pedal form. Instead of being a delay effect or tremolo, the ZOIA provides the modules necessary to build a delay or tremolo from the ground up. But since you’re the one building it, you can make it do whatever you want.
With the ZOIA you can build your own custom effects, synthesizers, midi controllers, and virtual pedal boards. And to make life a little easier, we’ve created modules for all your standard guitar effects. So for instance, if you want a phaser, you can just plop down a phaser. You don’t have to break out the textbooks to learn that they’re built out of all-pass filters. (Of course, if you’re a nerd like us, you can use the ZOIA to build them out of all-pass filters).
The button grid represents one page within a patch. When you save a patch, it saves to ZOIA’s internal memory each page you’ve created, along with all of the modules you’ve added, parameters you’ve changed, and connections you’ve made. You can then go on to create a whole new patch and use the stompswitches to navigate between them.
- 80+ Modules and Growing – ZOIA comes packed with a vast collection of modules to create just about anything you can dream up. With ZOIA the only limit is your imagination!
- Create your own effects, synths, control devices, and more! – Oscillators, LFOs, filters, bit crushers, envelope followers – these are just a handful of the included modules that can be connected in almost any way imaginable. If you can dream it up, you can create it!
- 20+ Ready-Made Effects Modules – Pre-built effects modules such as reverbs, delays, chorus’, flangers, overdrives and more.
- Up to 64 Patches – Create and save up to 64 patches that can be easily recalled during live performance.
- Swap and Share Patches – Join the community of ZOIA users on patchstorage.com to try out other users patches, or upload your own awesome creations to share with the world.
- SD Card Included – Load and save patches to/from ZOIA. We’re also continuously improving the firmware by adding new modules and features, and fixing bugs. Download the newest firmware from empresseffects.com and load onto the ZOIA with the included SD card.
- OLED Display Screen for Easy Editing – View all of ZOIA’s module and parameter information on the high resolution OLED display screen.
- Control Port and MIDI Connectivity – Dedicated control port and MIDI 1/8″ in/out jacks allow you to connect a huge range of external devices to control any or all of ZOIA’s functions and parameters. 1/8″ to MIDI dongles included.
- Built-In Help – Almost like having a built in manual, the dedicated help function will give you quick information at a glance about ZOIA’s various modules and options.
- High-Quality Audio – 48kHz sampling, with 24 bit conversion and 32 bit internal processing.
- Low-Noise Signal Path – Features extremely low noise operation with a signal to noise of >105dB
- CV input (via Control Port) – With CV control, the ZOIA responds to CV signals from 0 to 5 volts. The ZOIA will receive control voltage signal on the tip of a ¼” TRS connector, and it will send control voltage on the ring of a ¼” TRS connector. In this way you can interface your external synth modules to the ZOIA’s internal modules. There are tons of possibilities for experimentation!
PLEASE NOTE: EMPRESS EFFECTS PEDALS DO NOT SHIP WITH POWER SUPPLIES.
THESE MUST BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY (see below for specs)
- Power Input Connector – 2.1mm Barrel Connector
- Polarity – Centre NEGATIVE
- Power Input Voltage – 9V
- Required Current – 300mA
MUCH MORE INFO CAN BE FOUND HERE
THE CURRENT MODULE LIST INCLUDES:
SO many videos available. Here’s a selection: