Small, easy-to-program sequencers are a bit of a rarity. The Noise Engineering Vox Digitalis is their answer to this issue. With intuitive displays and simple controls, VD is perfect for all your pitch CV needs. Set your sequence length, dial in each note, randomize, save and load 16 sequences — VD does all the stuff the big sequencers do, just in 4hp.
- Step: Number of current step. Length can be adjusted from 1-16 steps, described in Key Combos section.
- F/R/P: Playback mode. Selectable between Forward, Random, and Pingpong.
- Note: Current note. A period after the note letter indicates a sharp (e.g., c. is C#). LEDs indicate octave.
- Edit: Encoder edits current step note. Press and turn to jump an octave.
- Load: To load a previously saved sequence, press Load. VD enters Load mode. Use the encoder to select the pattern you’d like to load (displayed on the upper screen), then tap the encoder to load. To exit Load mode without loading a sequence, press load again.
- Save: To save a sequence, press Save. VD enters Save mode. Use the encoder to select the slot you’d like to save the sequence to (displayed on the upper screen), then tap the encoder to save. To exit Save mode without saving a sequence, press save again.
- Adv: Moves VD to the next step.
- Rst: Reset input. Responds to a rising edge of around 3v.
- Beat: Clock input. Responds to a rising edge of around 3v
- Out: CV output. Vox Digitalis has a 4-octave range (0-4v).
- Edit pattern length: Press Adv+encoder. Turn the encoder to the desired number of steps (displayed on top screen), then press the encoder to set the sequence length. To exit pattern length mode without changing length, press Adv again.
- Randomize current sequence: Press Load+encoder.
- Set all notes to C1:Press Save+encoder.
Load Behaviour Configuration:
In performance situations, being able to load a sequence reliably and predictably is important. Since preferred load behavior depends on the performer, we implemented 3 different pattern-loading modes. To set the load behavior, power on VD with the corresponding button pressed and hold until VD finishes its boot sequence.
- Beat load mode: Hold Load on boot to set. Load a pattern and VD will change to that pattern on the next clock input, or when Adv is pressed.
- Measure load mode: Hold Save on boot to set. Load a pattern and VD will change to that pattern when a Rst signal is received, or when a sequence reaches its final step (last step in Forward playback, step 1 in Pendulum playback, next beat in Random playback).
- Immediate load mode: Hold Adv on boot to set. Instantly loads pattern when encoder is pressed when loading a sequence. (Factory default behavior)
Power: 50mA @ +12v / 5mA @ -12v