Two Reverb Pedals in a Single Housing.
Create rich, spacious reverberations with the Source Audio Ventris Dual Reverb. The Ventris features 14 meticulously crafted reverb engines built on two completely independent 56-bit signal processors, essentially housing a matching pair of high-powered reverb pedals in a single box. The Ventris’s powerful dual processing architecture gives the pedal some serious advantages including massive processing muscle, adjustable preset spillover time, and the ability to create dual reverb effects.
- Dual Reverb Effects: The power to combine two reverb engines truly expands the pedal’s ambient possibilities. Run dual reverb effects in a parallel or cascading signal path, or split your reverbs and send a different effect to each of the pedal’s two Outputs.
- Massive Processing Power: Dual processing eliminates bloated all-in-one reverb programs. Instead of being forced to allocate 5% of the processing power to something vital and complex like the True Spring reverb, we can now dedicate 100% of the processor, opening the door to a new frontier of realism and sonic exploration.
- True Spillover: Seamless “spillover” from one preset to the next is an enormous advantage in live situations. Switch from one reverb preset to another without abruptly cutting off the trail of the previous effect. And, the dual reverb engines make it possible to program (with the Neuro Desktop Editor) the decay rate of the first reverb trail.
- 14 Reverb Engines — Ventris features 12 onboard reverb engines accessible via the center selector wheel, plus an expanding collection of reverb engines available via the Neuro Desktop Editor and Mobile App.
- 128 Presets — Save up to eight presets accessible via the onboard controls or save up to 128 presets recallable with MIDI program change (PC) messages.
- Dual Reverb Processing — The Ventris Dual Reverb features two independent signal processors giving the pedal essential features like preset spillover and dual reverb effects.
- True Spillover — Two individual signal processors make it possible to change from one preset to another without abruptly cutting off the reverb tail of the original preset (Note: Spillover is unavailable when creating simultaneous dual reverb effects (A+B on the toggle switch)).
- Simultaneous Reverb Processing — Select the A + B toggle switch position and create dual reverb effects. Run two reverbs simultaneously in parallel, series, or left/right signal paths.
- Selectable Footswitch — Choose from a variety of OPTION Footswitch assignments. Control options include preset scrolling, A to B or A plus B reverb toggling, reverb hold, runaway reverb, and tap tempo.
- Hold (a.k.a. “Freeze”) Control — Use the OPTION switch to hold a small portion of the reverb tail in a continuous loop, essentially sustaining a note or chord until the footswitch is released. While the Hold function is engaged it is possible to play over the top of the loop with either a dry signal or the dry/wet signal from the second reverb processor.
- Runaway Reverb — Similar to the Hold function, the Runaway Reverb uses the OPTION switch to loop a small portion of the reverb trail. But rather than maintaining a steady sustain, the loop is feed back into the reverb processor, creating a building self-oscillation effect.
- A to B Reverb Toggling — Use the OPTION switch to toggle between any preset’s A and B reverb, or use it to toggle from a single reverb to reverb A + B.
- Stereo Input and Output Jacks — Create dramatic stereo reverb effects or set up an external effects loop.
- Flexible I/O Routing options – By default, the pedal will detect what has been plugged into its inputs and outputs and it will set the routing mode automatically. More options are available via the Neuro App
- Analog Dry Through — For most of the reverb engines and signal routing options the dry signal remains an analog signal and does not pass through the signal processor at any stage while the pedal in engaged.
- Deep Editing Functionality — Adjust additional parameters, save and share personal presets, and download bonus reverb engines with the Neuro Desktop Editor or Mobile App.
- Complete MIDI Functionally — Receives MIDI program change (PC) or continuous controller (CC) via the 5-pin MIDI DIN Input (also includes a MIDI Thru jack), the USB port, or in conjunction with the Neuro Hub.
- Universal Bypass — Select either buffered or true bypass.
- Trails Mode — Rather than abruptly cutting off the reverb trails upon bypassing the effect, Trails Mode allows the Ventris Reverb’s trails to decay naturally.
- Expression Control — Program simultaneous expression control to multiple knobs with independent depth and direction assignments for each. Compatible with all Source Audio expression pedals, the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller, and 3rd party 1/4” TRS (tip hot) expression pedals.
- External Switching Capabilities — Choose from a variety of external control options with an external 1/4” TRS (tip hot) footswitch. Control options include preset scrolling, hold, runaway, tap tempo, and processor toggling.
The Neuro Editing Systems
Job one in the development of the Ventris Dual Reverb was to create an exceptionally realistic and easy-to-use reverb pedal. Out of the box, that’s exactly what it is – plug in, select from the twelve onboard reverb engines and create a new world of time and space. But there is much more here than meets the eye – the truly “Big Idea” behind our One Series pedals was to give musicians a second, far deeper, set of options and editing tools with which to craft the perfect tone.
The Neuro Desktop Editor and Neuro Mobile App are free downloads for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. They offer a collection of additional reverb engines as well as an expanded set of editing parameters. After editing your preset, burn it directly to the pedal and access it easily without reconnecting the Neuro App.
Much more information on the Ventris can be found on the Source Audio website HERE
- Includes 9v DC power supply (400mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 280mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for MIDI control or firmware updates.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
- Weight: 1 lb./0.45 kg.
There are tons more videos on Youtube, but here’s a few showing VENTRIS in use with synths: