Modular Transformation Machine
Expand the sound of your modular rack with incredibly lush, ethereal reverbs. Enhance signals with gorgeous chorus, flanging, and modulated delays. Create uniquely expressive synth voices with Karplus-Strong string synthesis. Turn simple mono audio signals into vast stereo soundscapes. StarLab is a single module that will completely transform your modular rack.
Development for StarLab began with one goal in mind: to provide the highest quality reverb possible for modular systems, perfectly tuned for immersive electronic soundscapes with a high degree of flexibility and creative control.
The seemingly simple idea of allowing the pre-delay signal to be fed directly to the module’s output led to the development of rich sounding delay, chorus, and flanger effects, all of which can be used together with or independent of the reverb.
While experimenting with short delay times using feedback and filtering, we began finding very musical and expressive Karplus-Strong string synthesis sounds, and realized that StarLab could move beyond signal processing and become a truly unique voice module as well.
All this ultimately resulted in the creation of a module that is equal parts reverb, delay/modulation, and playable instrument.
- Three selectable reverb types for a wide variety of ambient textures
- DELAY/KARPLUS section with feedback
- Delay assignable to output for mod/verb and delay/verb effects
- Four-octave Karplus-Strong string synthesis mode with damping control for string/verb full voice capability
- LFO section with various waveforms to modulate delay time, reverb size, or tone filters
- FILTER section to sculpt the high and low EQ of the reverb and DELAY/KARPLUS section
- HARMONICS section to enhance the aural spectrum of the reverb
- Adjustable SHIMMER for adding pitch shifting of up to +/- 1 octave to the reverb
- GLIMMER for dynamic enhancement of harmonics
- Adjustable reverb core size to increase or decrease the space for reflections, allowing for pitch control of the regenerating reverb content
- 4-pole 24dB/octave variable resonance low pass filter
- INFINITE freezes the input audio prior to the reverb tank
- Independent WET and DRY level controls
Ins, Outs, and Switches
- Stereo inputs and outputs
- Extensive CV control of parameters
- Access to four presets from the front panel
- USB jack (located on the rear) for performing firmware updates
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Super high performance ARM DSP
- 32-bit floating point processing
LOTS MORE INFO & AUDIO EXAMPLES ON THE STRYMON WEBSITE HERE
Power: 210mA @ +12V / 210mA @ -12V