Skis II from Bastl Instruments is a dual voltage controlled decay envelope with a dual VCA.
Both envelopes and VCAs are normalised, but they can be used independently. The decay envelopes are exponential and they can also be set up as release envelopes. Both VCAs are linear and DC-coupled, so can be used for controlling the level of both audio and CV signals.
Dynamic percussion made easy
A typical application of Skis is to take two signals (noises, for example) and generate percussive sounds with adjustable DECAY from them with a TRIGGER signal.
Skis II is a complete makeover of the original Skis module. It has more robust and cleaner VCA architecture, new dynamic voltage controlled decay envelope and a few more little tweaks.
- dual voltage controlled decay envelope
- decay times range from 8ms to 3s
- gate/release mode for the envelope (by jumper)
- normalized triggers
- LED indication of the envelopes
- dual linear VCA (ENV OUT is normalised to VCA CV IN)
- VCAs are DC-coupled
- optional “tambourine” bend jumper
- solder jumpers for further hacking
Power: 40mA @ +12V / 35mA @ -12V