NOTE: While ALM’s stocks last, these modules will ship with a SwinSID chip included, so no additional parts are required for a fully-working module!!
The original SID Guts took the legendary SID chip and tailored it into the eurorack modular environment. By use of a real SID chip the classic sound was taken in a new direction with the levels of direct and voltage control only a modular system can offer. Full information on the original design can be found HERE
Summary of original SID Guts features:
- 1volt per octave control of a ‘core’ SID oscillator 0-5v input (with tunable offset)
- Direct and voltage control of oscillator wave shape selection (Pulse, Triangle, Square, Saw).
- Filter switchable between 4 modes – 12dB/Octave HP , LP , BP & Notch (HP+LP).
- Direct and Voltage control (with offset) of Filter cutoff and Resonance.
- 1 volt per octave control of second SID ‘modulation’ oscillator.
- Direct and voltage control of modulation oscillator ‘type’; ring modulation, sync or none.
- Direct and voltage control of pulse wave pulse width.
- External audio input.
The ‘SID GUTS DELUXE’ improves upon the original SID GUTS ‘Eurorack SID Voice’ by adding both new features and further control. The module now includes improved frequency control, a chord mode using all available oscillators and numerous other tweaks.
New Features Include:
- Wider frequency control range (full 8 octaves) with fine and course offset knobs.
- Improved V/Oct tracking, adjustment and stability.
- Voltage controlled chord mode with inversion and up to 3 voice chords.
- Voltage control of filter type selection (12dB/Octave HP , LP , BP & Notch)
- Attenuverters on both PWM and Filter voltage inputs.
- All surface mount single PCB construction thus smaller depth & more skiff friendly.
NOTE: Please consult manual before installing SID chip.
Power: 50 – 200mA (with vintage SID chip)