Distortion is fun, but it’s even better when you split it up across the frequency spectrum. The Noise Engineering Seca Ruina takes an input, splits it up into three frequency bands, and lets you drive them into annihilation. SR includes a bypassable VCA on the output and CV over individual band and universal drive amount. With individual outputs for each band, you can process each band further externally. So much potential in only 6hp!
- High/Mid/Low jack and knob: Drive amount for each band. Knob acts as an offset for CV
- High/Mid/Low CV in: CV input controlling drive amount for each band.
- All: CV over high, mid, and low drive amount simultaneously.
- High/Mid/Low out: Individual outputs of each band.
- In: Audio input
- Sum (Sigma) out: Sum of all three outputs.
- Patch 1: Input a simple waveform to the Audio in. Connect the Sum out to your mixer and tweak the knobs to hear how SR can make even simple sounds exciting
- Patch 2: Input a more complex sound like a drum loop or melody line and tweak the drive amounts to completely badassify your input!
- Patch 3: Patch a free-running oscillator like Loquelic Iteritas to the input. Set the drive amounts to taste, then patch an envelope to the Sum CV input. This makes SR into a VCA and creates a complete voice.
- All CV inputs on SR use a range of 0 – 5v.
Power: 85mA @ +12v / 80mA @ -12v