The Tiptop Audio QuantiZer is a creative melody composing module that uses cutting edge analog electronics and DSP to tune analog VCOs precisely into Western musical scales.
The front panel is packed with functions that makes it very playable and intuitive to use, with a layout that innovates on typical quantizer design.
At its center is a slider that can be set to play notes, add Portamento to an incoming sequence, transpose a sequence with in an octave range, or transpose a sequence within a 5-octave range.
The 12-note keyboard can be set to play notes manually, add and subtract notes from scales, and transpose a sequence, as well as set up a variety of settings that define the quantizer behavior and sync with other modules.
- Both Major and Minor keys are built in to let you switch scales in a very playable way, making it easy to explore musical progression. There are also 24 user scales ready to be filled up with your own custom scales.
- A built-in sketch pad records and plays back keys entered manually on the keyboard and slider in sync with an external clock and reset signal or Tiptop’s SyncBus, which chains the QuantiZer recording function to the Circadian Rhythms time line for precise recording and playback.
- The Scale CV input can be set to switch between changing scales or transposing pitches using CV from sequencers.
- Quantization can be set for free run or Trigger mode for even more interesting ways to interact with external sequencers.
- QuantiZer sets a new performance standard for Eurorack, offering incredibly stable CV quantization with minimal glitches on input, utilizing high-precision temperature compensated 1V/Oct CV generation on output, and featuring stunning conversion latency of less than half a millisecond.
- QuantiZer can be set to process a wide variety of CV voltage input ranges, +/-5V CV from LFOs, bi-polar envelopes and such, or the standard 0-10V and 0-5V CV ranges from sequencers.
- Continuing the tradition of advanced Tiptop digital modules, the QuantiZer firmware running the digital brain is able to be upgraded via a USB thumb drive interface at its back allowing for continuous improvement and fine tuning of function and stability over time.
Max Depth: 43mm
Power: 60mA @+12V / 5mA @-12V