The Quad Clock Distributor (QCD) from 4ms Company is a four channel Voltage Controlled Clock Divider/Multiplier with master Tap Tempo. Each channel can be synced to the tap tempo, to the channel above, or to an external clock. Each channel also has a reset jack.
With a Tap Tempo button and five sync’ed clock outputs, the QCD is a versatile head-of-the-chain “Master” clock module, and/or a complex rhythmic pattern generator.
The QCD has headers for connecting to the QPLFO, VCA Matrix, and other modules.
- Four CV-controlled Clock Divider/Multipliers
- Tap tempo button and five sync’ed clock outputs make the QCD perfect for head-of-the-chain “Master” clock module
- Tap clock output runs at the tapped tempo (even if other channels are being clocked externally)
- Create complex rhythmic patterns by patching multiple channels into each other’s Div/Mult CV and Reset
- Each of the four channels has an independent clock IN, OUT, Reset and Div/Mult CV
- Divide or Multiply incoming clock from /32 to x16 on each channel:
- -Detented knob to snap to integer division/multiples
- -CV jack to modulate Div/Mult amount
- Reset jack (per channel) restarts the clock when a trigger is received (alters phase of clock)
- Clock input jacks are normalized downwards: Tap->Red->Black->Blue->Green
- Clock outputs stop automatically when incoming clock stops
- LEDs blink to output clocks’ tempos
- 5V clock output pulses, fully buffered. Default is square-wave, and PW is controllable with expander
- Daisy chain multiple QCDs or other clock modules using Tap Out jack
- Header on the PCB to connect to Quad Pingable LFO (QPLFO) to provide four CV Skew-able, CV Div/Mult-able envelopes
- Interfaces with QCD Expander for more features (Pulse Width, Inverted Gate, attenuverters for CV inputs)
Power: A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
External +5v selected: 48mA @ +12v / 40mA @ -12v / 41mA @ +5v
Internal +5v selected : 88mA @ +12v / 40mA @ -12v / 0mA @ +5v