The WMD Protostar is the evolution of the Super FatMan envelope filter with even more pro level features. Built in LFO, 4 filter modes, full CV patch bay, and expression/CB input, this is the most powerful/versatile envelope filter on the planet. Also includes an end of chain compressor and dry wet mix for parallel filtering/compression effects!
Run out of space in your modular case? Simply add a WMD pedal to your arsenal and interface the two via the dedicated onboard CV patch bay!
- Attack – How fast the envelope will react to the incoming signal. Controls both
attack and release.
- Threshold – How sensitive the envelope is to the incoming signal.
- Env Amt – Attenuverter that controls how much the envelope will affect the frequency of the filter, either negatively or positively.
- Resonance – Synonomous with feedback or Q, this is a boost of the frequencies around the frequency cutoff.
- Freq – Also known as cutoff, this knob’s position dictates the resting place of the frequency cutoff.
- LFO Rate – Make the LFO go faster or slower with this knob.
- LFO Amt – How much the LFO will affect the frequency cutoff.
- Compression – End of chain compressor squashes the wet signal to suppress unwanted honks, and resonant oddities.
- Dry / Wet – Amount of unaffected vs. affected signal coming through the output.
- Sidechain – Direct input to the envelope follower. Normalled to the input, use this to have the envelope follow an external source.
- Exp Out – Output for the expression pedal input. Exp isn’t connected to any control internally and must be patched.
- – Env Out – Always sending +5V until the envelope is triggered, bringing the voltage down to 0V and back.
- + Env Out – Sends a CV signal following the envelope. Signal is 0V to +5V.
- LFO Out – Constantly sends the triangle wave LFO CV signal, reacts to LFO rate knob.
- LFO Rate – CV input for control over LFO rate. Sensitivity adjustable with internal trim pot.
- LFO Amt – CV input for control over LFO amt.
- Freq – CV Input for control over cutoff frequency.
- Feedback – CV input for control over resonance.
- Expression Input (back panel) – Plug a TRS cable from any expression pedal into this, patch the exp out to what you want to contol, and express yourself.
PLEASE NOTE: WMD PEDALS DO NOT SHIP WITH POWER SUPPLIES – THESE MUST BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY, AND ARE STANDARD 9V “BOSS STYLE” (see below)
- Power: 9VDC, Boss Style Center Negative, 400mA. 1A supply reccomended. Do not exceed 9V.
- 1A supply recommended.
- Internal Bipolar 12V power supply.
- 0-5V nominal CV range. All inputs/outputs protected.
- LFO CV sensitivity and Compressor Gain adjustable internally.
- Relay true Bypass.
- Expression Pedal: 10k – 1M pot. TRS connection.
- Patch Points – Mono or Stereo cable. Signals are mono.
- Dimensions: 4.9″ x 3.9″ x 2.4″
- Every WMD product is warranted for 12 months after purchase, but please contact us if you ever have problems. We will take care of you.
CHECK THE PDF MANUAL HERE