This is not any run-of-the-mill joystick control.
The Intellijel Planar allows you to: use the stick to dynamically mix FOUR different signals together; take one signal and pan it across FOUR outputs; or take FOUR signals and use the joystick to control how much of each signal comes out of each of the FOUR outputs at any moment. In addition you can use the joystick to modulate other modules’ parameters simultaneously. Among other things! Read on…..
- Vector mixing: put up to four sources into inputs A, B, C and D and then use the joystick to create the vector mix. Positioning the joystick in any corner will isolate that particular source. Putting the joystick in the center will create an even blend of all four sources. Resulting mix is taken from the MIX output.
- Quad Panning: Plug one source into input A and steer it to outputs A, B, C, D. You can also do stereo panning by just using a pair of outputs.
- SENSE gate output. This is a slew detector which means the gate is only active when you are moving the joystick. Excellent for driving envelopes/VCAs to coordinate so that the output mix is only heard/used when the joystick is being moved.
- Manual gate output: pushbutton to manually trigger a second gate output
- CV outputs: The joystick produces either unipolar (0-5V) or bipolar (-5 to +5V) switchable outputs.
- CV Inputs: The module accepts X and Y axis inputs. By using out of phase LFO sources (such as outputs from the Dr. Octature) you can create really interesting swirling/circular patterns.
- This CV input functionality is very useful when coordinated with a CV recorder. You can record the modulation from the X, Y outputs and then turn the joystick off (see switch at top left) and playback the modulation into the X and Y input. This will allow you to recreate a complex quad panning or vector mixing jam.
- All Planars ship with a second faceplate, for swapping the orientation of the joystick. It can either be at the top of the panel, with the jacks below, or the opposite way round.
Power: 103mA @+12V / 95mA @ -12V