The Pingable Envelope Generator (PEG) from 4ms is a dual envelope generator whose envelope lengths are set by incoming clocks or “pings”.
The PEG has full CV control of envelope shape, skew, and ping (clock) division/multiplication, as well as a plethora of triggering and cycling options (AD, AR, quantization, cycle), and a tap tempo button for each channel.
- Dual “pingable” envelope generator’s total envelope time is set by a “ping”
- Tap tempo button or incoming clock sets the ping time.
- Envelopes can run at divisions or multiples of the ping, and their Curve shapes and Skew can be adjusted manually or via voltage control.
- Changing the Skew and Curve does not affect the total length of the envelope.
- Dedicated +5v envelope outputs, along with outputs with dedicated attenuvertors.
- Bi-polar button centers main envelope output around 0V (-5V to +5V output).
- “OR” jack outputs an analog OR (Maximum voltage) of the two envelope curves, after processing via their respective attenuvertors.
- End-of-Rise (EOR) gate output; End-of-Fall (EOF) gate output; optional Half-Rise gate output
- The Cycle button sets the envelope self-cycling in sync with the ping clock (LFO mode), and the “T” gate input toggles the state of both envelopes’ Cycling status (on and off).
- “QNT” jack for each channel triggers an envelope to start at the next quantized beat, with respect to the divided/multiplied ping clock. Holding a gate high on this jack causes the envelope to repeat.
- “Async” jack for each channel causes an envelope to output immediately (asynchronously). Holding a gate high results in an AR envelope (rise-sustain-fall).
Power: A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
External 5v selected: 60mA @ +12v / 35mA @ -12v / 40mA @ +5v
Internal 5v selected : 105mA @ +12v / 35mA @ -12v / 0mA @ +5v