NOTE: THIS IS A FULLY-ASSEMBLED MODULE (NOT A KIT)
PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED BY ANDRE LASKA (of TUBEOHM)
The Sonic Potions Penrose is a simple, flexible and easy-to-use CV quantizer for the eurorack format. It takes an incoming continuous CV voltage and converts it to the nearest note in a scale. Active notes can be selected with the 12 buttons. You can use it to tune the output of your analog sequencer, as a semi random melody generator, for fast chiptune arpeggios and much more.
It comes as a complete kit with all needed parts to build it. That includes a multi colour aluminum frontpanel, high quality jacks and illuminated bi-color push buttons.
The project is open source, so the schematic and source code is available
- Frontpanel “keyboard” buttons select the active notes. Active notes light up green, and the currently played note lights up red
- A further LED lights up when a gate signal is generated
- Input – CV between 0V and 10V
- Trigger input – If a cable is connected, the output voltage will only change if a trigger is received. Otherwise the output is updated continuously
- Gate output – A 5V signal is generated whenever the output voltage changes.
- Output – Quantized CV between 0V and 10V
- Save selected notes – the module is equipped with an autosave feature. The selected notes are automatically saved to non volatile memory about 15 seconds after the last changes are made. This ensures that the module will always be in the same state after startup as it was before powering down your system.
- The firmware can be updated by playing back a special audio file to the trigger in jack.
Power: 60mA @ +12V / 2.5mA @ -12V