The WMDevices OSD – aka OR SUM DIF – is 3 independent blocks of useful utility in 4HP.
OSD is centered around combining voltage in useful ways. Audio, V/Oct, and control voltage are at home in this utility. OSD offers a fully DC coupled signal path with precision components to make this happen. High quality, configurability, and compact size ensure OSD will always find it’s way into your patch.
- Combine v/Oct sequences with precision summing, or enable the the precision OR circuit for completely different results.
- Mix two envelopes or an envelope and lfo using sum to create large accented voltages or combine with OR to keep the output in the original range.
- Crossfade between audio or control voltage using the potentiometer in block one. Setting DIF will invert the signal at the B jack.
What is OR, SUM, and DIF
- OR – Input voltages are compared and the higher of the two is passed to the output. For example if A = 4V and B = 8V, the output will be 8V.
- SUM – Input voltages are added together to create the output voltage. For example if A= 3V and B=4V, the output will be 7V. This clips at -10V and 10V.
- DIF – B voltage source is subtracted from the A voltage, producing an output of the difference between the two. For example if A= 3V and B = 5V, the output will be 2V.
Controls / Configuration
- Block 1 – Sum, OR, or Difference of two inputs and effect the mix of the A input to the B input with the Knob. The third input ORs with the result of the A/B inputs. Not a precision channel.
- Block 2 – Sum, OR, or Difference of two inputs with high precision. The third input ORs with the result of the A/B inputs.
- Block 3 – 3 input OR with high precision. Mix gates or CV from three sources for some wild results.
CHECK THE MANUAL HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
Power: 50mA @ +12v / 50mA @ -12v