The Numeric Repetitor is a rhythmic gate generator that describes rhythms as binary numbers and then multiplies by other numbers. With a concept similar to the Zularic Repetitor, the Numeric Repetitor is a voltage controlled rhythm generator.
Clock is sent to the Beat input. With the Prime potentiometer or a CV you can select one rhythmical pattern based on 16 mathematic factors. With a switch you can select between 2 sets of patterns, X and Y.
The gate pattern is available at the Prime output, variation of it at outputs Factor 1, 2 and 3. Each of the variations can be offset in time with the Offset potentiometer or CV, which can generate great rhythms. Each channel has a LED which visualizes a gate.
- PRIME (knob) – The PRIME knob selects the pattern set that is output. The PRIME knob acts as a scalar for the PRIME CV. The current patch is displayed on the LEDs near the center top. A key to the patterns is included later in the manual.
- FACTOR 1-3 (knob, input CV) – The FACTOR knobs control the variation factor applied to the PRODUCT outputs. The rhythm variation is a based on the angle of the prime knob. This angle selects the product (these are the numbers listed on the panel) which is multiplied by the PRIME pattern to produce the PRODUCT rhythm. FACTOR 2 and 3 additionally modify the rhythm by performing a binary-and between the prime rhythm and the values 0x0F0F and 0xF003 respectively before the multiplication variation.
- SET – The SET switch selects which bank of patterns to use. The status of the BANK switch is indicated by the orange LED.
- BEAT – The BEAT input is a clock input that advances the time on the rising edge and returns any active gates to zero on the falling edge.
- MEASURE – The MEASURE input resets the beat to the start of the measure on a rising edge.
- RST – The RST button will pause the advancement of time while depressed and when released reset the time back to the start of the measure.
- PRIME (output) – PRIME outputs a 6v low impedance gate suitable for controlling most any gate driven device.
- PRODUCT 1-3 (output) – PRODUCT outputs a 6v low impedance gate suitable for controlling most any gate driven device.
Power: 50mA @ +12v / 5mA @ -12v