The Source Audio Nemesis Delay is the culmination of three years of intense research, listening, and engineering. The mission was to create a compact, powerful, and easy-to-use delay pedal with unrivaled tone, flexibility, and style. Nemesis offers 26 distinct effect engines ranging from vintage tape and analog delays to highly advanced pitch-shifting, reverse, filter modulating, and rhythmic delays. It also features 128 presets, multiple delay taps, a hold function, tap tempo, full MIDI control, deep editing functionality with the Neuro Mobile App, and much more.
Delay Effect Types
Nemesis captures the full spectrum of delay effects, starting with a comprehensive collection of meticulously crafted vintage delay tones. The Source Audio engineering team spent over a year studying numerous iconic and sought after tape and bucket brigade delay units with a staunch dedication to identifying their every nuance and idiosyncrasy. The Nemesis’s Tape, Noise Tape and Slapback delays capture all the characteristic flutter, warmth, and color that give vintage tape delay machines like the Echoplex and Space Echo their classic charm. The Analog delay engine beautifully achieves the resonant peaks combined with high and low frequency decay that typifies classic bucket brigade delay pedals. The pedal’s Digital delay manufactures pristine, high definition repeats with or without filtering effects for a classic rack-system tone.
At the opposite side of the spectrum, you’ll find an advanced collection of sophisticated and specialized delay effects. The Shifter delay generates perfect polyphonic pitch intervals with repeats jumping to either an octave (up or down), major or minor third, 4th, or 5th. Sweeper applies modulating filter effects to repeats for a unique delay/wah hybrid tone. Backwards effects like Helix and Reverse provide a perfect blend of chaos and control with multi-tap reverse patterns and angelic pitch shifting effects. A Rhythmic delay features an engaging and musical collection of non-standard multi-tap delay patterns.
Beneath the Surface
The 12 engines included on the face of the Nemesis represent a perfect cross section of delay effects, from classic essentials to the highly progressive. But don’t stop there, we strongly recommend connecting your Nemesis to the Neuro Mobile App or Neuro Desktop Editor and checking out the 14 additional delay engines not accessible with the effect selector knob.
- 24 Delay Engines — Nemesis features 12 onboard delay engines accessible via the center selector wheel, plus an additional 12 delays downloadable via the Neuro Mobile App.
- 128 Presets — Save up to eight presets accessible via the onboard controls or save up to 128 presets recallable with MIDI program change (PC) messages.
- Stereo Input and Output Jacks — Create dramatic stereo ping-pong delays, stereo phase inversion, or set up an external effects loops, pre or post delay.
- Flexible I/O Routing options – By default, the pedal will detect what has been plugged into its inputs and outputs and it will set the routing mode automatically. More options are available via the Neuro App
- Tap Tempo — Tap in the delay time with the onboard tap tempo switch. Beat divisions include quarter notes, dotted eighth, and triplets.
- Hold (a.k.a. “Freeze”) Control — Use the tap tempo switch to freeze a small portion of the delay in a continuous loop.
- Deep Editing Functionality with the Neuro Mobile App. — Adjust additional parameters, save and share personal presets, and download bonus delay engines with the Neuro Mobile App.
- Complete MIDI Functionally — Send MIDI program change (PC), continuous controller (CC), or MIDI clock messages via the 5-pin MIDI DIN Input (also includes a MIDI Thru jack) or the USB port.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based true bypass.
- Expression Control — Assign expression control to any combination of knobs and program the depth and direction of each. Compatible with all Source Audio expression pedals, the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller, and 3rd party 1/4” TRS (tip hot) expression pedals.
- External Switching Capabilities — Change delay presets with an external 1/4” TRS (tip hot) footswitch.
The Neuro Editing System
Job one in the development of the Nemesis Delay was to create a flexible, easy-to-use, and great sounding delay pedal. Out of the box, that’s exactly what it is – plug in, select from the twelve onboard delay engines and make beautiful music… simple. But there is much more here than meets the eye – the truly “Big Idea” behind our One Series pedals was to give musicians a second, far deeper, set of options and editing tools with which to craft the perfect tone.
The Neuro Desktop Editor and Neuro Mobile App are free downloads for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. They offer a huge collection of additional delay engines as well as an expanded set of editing parameters. Tap into the Neuro Editors’ Oil Can, Binson Echorec, Resonant Tape, Warped Record, Chorus Delay and more. After editing your preset, burn it directly to the pedal and access it easily without reconnecting the Neuro App.
Much more information on the Nemesis can be found on the Source Audio website HERE
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 200mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for MIDI control or firmware updates.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
There are tons more videos on Youtube, but here’s a few showing NEMESIS in use with synths:
…and here’s the official Source Audio demo: