The Future Sound Systems MTX9 presents a new take on an old classic – the pin matrix, famously incorporated into EMS and Maplin synthesizer designs. The MTX9 provides 9 inputs and 9 outputs to be patched to one another, whilst allowing for passive splitting of one input to several outputs and averaging summation of several inputs to one output (or more).
Each component of the matrix has been designed to use standard parts – the pins are 2mm banana test plugs and all cards of the matrix are easily replaceable.
Whilst the matrix is currently passive, an active expander card (MTX9A) is available.
The MTX9 is supplied with a dry-wipe marker and 10 banana pins as standard, with spares available from FSS.
- 9 Inputs
- 9 Outputs
- Passive splitting / multing of single signals to multiple outputs
- Passive mixing of inputs (will introduce level drop with)
- 1K-ohm resistance across matrix
- Affordable expansion possible via additional pins
- Can be mounted in external box/ case if desired
NOTE: The functionality of the cheaper, passive MTX9 Pin Matrix is very similar to that of the standalone MTX8 – but for ease of comparison we have noted the main differences below:
- The MTX9 is completely passive, so combining/splitting sequencer outputs will result in some voltage droop and affect tracking.
- A buffered “MTX9A” card can be added to the MTX9 at a later date if active (more accurate) summing & splitting is required.
- The MTX8 adds a standalone case & internal power supply.
- The MTX8 uses standard (6.35mm) jack sockets, whereas the MTX9 uses the usual minijack sockets found in Eurorack (3.5mm).
- The “MTX8 Guitar” also offers an instrument preamp.
The MTX9 is a great way of adding pin matrix-style patching to your Eurorack system without breaking the bank!
Power: 0mA @ +12v / 0mA @ -12v (NO POWER REQUIRED)