The Future Sound Systems MTX9 presents a new take on an old classic – the pin matrix, famously incorporated into EMS and Maplin synthesizer designs. The MTX9 provides 9 inputs and 9 outputs to be patched to one another, whilst allowing for passive splitting of one input to several outputs and averaging summation of several inputs to one output (or more).
Each component of the matrix has been designed to use standard parts – the pins are 2mm banana test plugs and all cards of the matrix are easily replaceable.
Whilst the matrix is currently passive, an active expander card will be available from FSS soon. The MTX9 is supplied with a dry-wipe marker and 10 banana pins as standard, with spares available from FSS.
- 9 Inputs
- 9 Outputs
- Passive splitting / multing of single signals to multiple outputs
- Passive mixing of inputs (will introduce level drop with)
- 1K-ohm resistance across matrix
- Affordable expansion possible via additional pins
- Can be mounted in external box/ case if desired
Power: 0mA @ +12v / 0mA @ -12v (NO POWER REQUIRED)