The Bastl Instruments MicroGranny 2 (now with 2.5 firmware) is a monophonic granular sampler. It reads wav samples from microSD card and applies granular algorithms to them. You can also adjust start, end, sample rate (tuned or free run), crush and envelope (attack release).
This is the “Distant Raver” version, which – as the name suggests – is all about lurid, fluorescent clothing – but is otherwise identical to its Gothy BLACK version 😉
Total external control over all parameters via MIDI Input
MIDI Input allows external control of all parameters as well as transposition of the samples, or playing individual grains by different keys.
- monophonic mono sampler
- microSD card (storing + recording samples, storing presets)
- 6 sounds with full adjustments storable in a preset at once
- 60 presets in 10 banks (6 preset per bank), stored as .txt files on microSD card
- wav sample playback from microSD card (mono, 22050 Hz, 8 or 16 bit, two letter file name)
- 8-bit 22050Hz wav recording via line input or onboard microphone
- hold button
- sample rate (tuned or free run)
- start, end position with repeat, instant loop
- granular settings: grain size and shift speed (positive or negative)
- amplitude envelope attack and release
- MIDI Input – responds to note, cc and clock (synchronize loop and grains)
- MIDI side chain envelope restart
- copy, paste
- input & output volume knob
- power switch – plug / battery
- hackable – arduino based
- dimensions: 140 x 75 x 55 mm
For detailed information you can find the user manual pdf HERE.
Powered by either:
- Included 9V battery
- 9V DC center POSITIVE power supply
- via side pins – in this configuration, it draws its power from another instrument: side pins are used to share power, audio and communication among several instruments with the same pinout (Bastl Instruments, NovaDrone). To power your chain of devices connect them via the side pins (provided) and plug a power adaptor into one of them. Put all the slide switches to PLUG position.