NOTE: THIS IS A FULLY-ASSEMBLED MODULE (NOT A KIT)
PROFESSIONALLY ASSEMBLED BY ANDRE LASKA (of TUBEOHM)
The Sonic Potions Mal-2 is a random signal generator mainly intended as CV modulation source. It has 2 modes of operation to provide you with smooth random goodness. Imagine Eris herself lends you a third hand to keep your patches interesting.
In the first mode the CHANGE knob morphs from a cubic interpolated (sine like shaped) random signal to a random walk function that could make a wallstreet broker delirious with joy.
In the second mode the CHANGE knob sets the self similarity. On the minimum setting the signal is completely random. On the maximum setting the random sequence is locked to a repeating, identical 8 step sequence. In between the sequence seamlessly morphs to new shapes over time.
This gives you a random CV where you can shape the bounds in which the chaos unfolds and goes far beyond a slew limited white noise. In addition, there is a Gate Output – where a gate signal is generated whenever the CV out reaches its middle value.
- Rate – Signal Frequency. Frequency range is selectable with a jumper on the PCB.
- Change – Controls the shape of the signal. Fully clockwise is completely random, anti clockwise is controlled by the mode switch.
- CV inputs with attenuverter for both knobs
- Super slow cycles times up to lower audio range
- Mode switch – Selects the anti clockwise shape. Up: Random walk; Down: Repeating 8-step sequence
- Signal and gate LED
- CV Inputs for rate and change control(+/-5V)
- Gate output – A gate signal is generated whenever the CV out reaches its middle value
- CV output selectable via jumper between 0 to 10V and -5 to +5V
- The firmware can be updated by playing back a special audio file to the CHANGE CV in jack.
Power: 60mA @ +12V / 5mA @ -12V