The RYK Modular M185 is the most intuitive and playable Eurorack sequencer.
It appeals as a hands-on performance orientated module for easy creation of complex melodic sequences.
It is the original multi-step-per-stage sequencer that inspired the Metropolis and Metropolix modules.
New for 2021: Now you can connect two M185s together to create powerful 16 stage sequences using the new expansion header.
- 8 unique gate modes for creative rhythmic possibilities
- A/B split mode for two separate sequences, like having two sequencers in one box
- 2 channels of CV/GATE and MIDI I/O
- 15 Quantise scales [ NEW for 2021 ] OR pure analogue microtonal CV output
Inputs & outputs:
- 2 channels of CV and Gate outputs
- Expansion header to connect two M185s for 16 stage sequences [ NEW for 2021 ]
- Reset input [ shared with MIDI input ]
- Sync output [ shared with CH2 gate ]
- Bidirectional Clock I/O
- MIDI input for MIDI clock in, MIDI note transpose
- MIDI output for MIDI clock out, MIDI note output
- 8 stages, each with individual 1-8 step repeats per stage
- 8 gate modes per stage [ Off, Once, All, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, Probability or Programmable, and Long ]
- Programmable gate patterns for ‘on the fly’ X0X style programming of gate triggers [ NEW for 2021 ]
Even more details:
- AB serial split sequence mode with 1-8 sequence repeats for AAABAAAB sequence structures
- AB parallel split mode, for two separate simultaneous sequences that play at the same time
- Root note offset and reset trigger options from sequence B to A
- 2.5V / 5V voltage range selectable
- MIDI note output including programmable velocity
- MIDI to CV converter mode [wow]
- Programmable glide per stage
- Easy user upgradable firmware using MIDI sysex files.
Check the manual here: RYK M185 USER MANUAL V4
Power: 75mA(average) to 110mA(peak) @ +12v / 10mA @ -12v
RYK Modular Playlist:
M185 also featured heavily in this demo for the Soundforce VCF/VCA 6: