NOTE: REV.2 NOW FEATURES ADDITIONAL SYNC INPUT (24/06/16 ONWARDS)
Loquelic Iteritas is a digital VCO with interpretations of three classic synthesis algorithms involving dual pitch control. It creates a huge variety of sounds parameterized by four tone and two pitch controls.
It has had glowing reviews from Surgeon and Surachai, and I am personally very excited about this module!
It has a simple interface, with 3 different synthesis algorithms allied to a number of different controls / CV inputs which have different effects, depending on which mode you choose. Simply hook up a number of modulation sources to the 4 inputs and start wiggling!
- Pitch A – The pitch of oscillator A can be controlled by the 1v/8va input and offset by it’s coarse and ne knobs. The pitch inputs are cross normaled.
- Pitch B – The pitch of oscillator B can be controlled by the 1v/8va input and offset by it’s coarse and ne knobs. The pitch inputs are cross normaled.
- Damp – is a tone control. Consult the following pages detailing each mode to nd the behavior of this knob in the specic mode.
- Mod – is a tone control. In all modes it controls phase modulation between the two pitch oscillators.
- Fold – is a tone control. In all modes it controls the threshold of the wavefolding.
- Morph – is a tone control. In all modes it controls the waveform of the oscillator continually varying between sin, triangle and saw.
- Algorithm – selects which algorithm is used. These are detailed on the following pages.
- Master – controls the sync of the oscillators. When in the middle position both oscillators are free running. When A is selected oscillator B will sync to oscillator A. when B is selected A will sync to B.
- Out – Out is the AC coupled audio output.
- Sync input
- VO – This algorithm is roughly based off of the VOSIM algorithm. This algorithm amplitude modulates a carrier by an exponential to create a more complex harmonic structure. The simplest carrier is a sinusoid which produces a spectrum with a Gaussian distribution centered on the carrier. More complicated waveforms produce Gaussians around each harmonic, producing spectra similar to comb filtered noise.
- SS – Algorithm SS is a highly modied version of summation synthesis. It allows a wide variety of musical spectra to be produced by only two parameters. Loquelic Iteritas generalizes the sinusoidal terms into multi-waveform oscillators: two of these track the two input pitches while the third tracks the difference of the two pitches and adds a wave folder for more harmonics.
- PM – The PM algorithm is a naive time-domain two-oscillator phase-modulation implementation that combines both oscillators with amplitude modulation.
Much like the wonderful Cylonix Cyclebox, it is not necessary to understand the theory behind all these algorithms, as the simple interface makes creating exciting results quick and intuitive.
Power: A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
With external 5v selected: 80mA @ +12v / 5mA @ -12v / 90mA @ +5v
With internal 5v selected : 150mA @ +12v / 5mA @ -12v / 0mA @ +5v