Kompas from Bastl Instruments is a three-coordinate probabilistic pattern navigator. Each coordinate has a unique travelling pace and a dedicated trigger output. The amount of probability can be adjusted manually or by external voltages. Once a coordinate has been adjusted, a new pattern is generated and looped until the next change of direction.
This tool is the outcome of the environment we are in and is inspired by non-linear approach to music and life – don’t build any expectations, choose your direction and discover new paths!
Unlike common probability operation, instead of filtering a pre-determined sequence, Kompas uses probability to generate new looping patterns based on the direction you choose.
- global clock and reset input
- 3 x 32 step pattern generators with travelling algorithms
- 3 CV inputs for coordinate modulation
- 3 trigger outputs
- 2/5/10ms selectable trigger length (via boot settings)
- DIY and hacker friendly Arduino programmable hardware
- includes a printed fanzine with navigation topics
- PTC fuse and diode protected 10-pin power connector
- skiff friendly
- 5ms default trigger length
- 5V trigger outputs
- 0-5V protected CV inputs
- 60Hz maximum clock rate (3600 BPM :O)
- 6-pin FTDi connector;
Power: 30mA @ +12V / 0mA @ -12V