NOW SHIPPING WITH NEW V1.5 FIRMWARE CHIP!!
Knit Rider is very versatile 6 voice trigger sequencer with fast modern workflow. In one pattern there is 4 bars and each has 16 steps and each step has 4 sub steps which makes it 256 steps per pattern. And there are 64 patterns in total ! This allows you to make very detailed patterns, however it doesn’t take away the intuitivity and speed of classic 16 step sequencers. Use bar buttons to navigate in the 4 bars. Hold a certain step – the bar buttons show now the substeps in that step – press the bar buttons to edit the substeps.
Active Step feature allows you to set any number of steps you want to have independently for each voice (or for all voices at the same time). You can also deactivate individual steps in the middle of the sequence. All voices have mute feature and can be set to be in trigger or gate mode. You can also record the sequences by tapping on the voice buttons with adjustable quantisation. Jump feature allows you to repeat certain step of the sequence for all voices which is great for performance and non-linear playback of patterns. Knit rider can by master or slave when it comes to tempo and you can set the clock input ratio (it one clock is 1 substep, 2 substeps, 1 step or 2 steps). There is also FN button which gives you access to additional features for fast and effective workflow.
- master or slave tempo – selectable slave tempo ratio
- 6 voices with individual outputs – each can be set as trigger or gate
- pattern has 4 bars each has 16 steps
- each step has 4 sub steps (total 256 steps/pattern)
- 64 patterns
- simple and fast real time editing
- record function with quantisation settings
- play / stop button (for sync in slave mode)
- mute function for each voice
- jump function (repeats certain step)
- adjustable master tempo by tap or up, down (by 2 bpm)
- active step – sets how many steps there are for each voice or for all instruments – possible to deactivate individual steps
- saves everything on microSD card (accessible from the back side)
- copy and paste functions for fast workflow (paste for voice, bar or pattern)
- clear function (for one voice, all voices, active steps in one voice, all active steps)
- undo function takes you back to the moment when you saved last time
- 5 volt outputs
- breakout for FTDi USB adaptor for hacking, opensource firmware (see github)
Power: 35mA @ +12V