With the same compact 4-HP size as its friend Links, Mutable Instruments KINKS provides three analog utility functions for altering the shape of audio or control signals.
All inputs are DC Coupled, and all circuits can handle audio-rate signals.
- This section consists of a precision signal inverter, and half- and full- wave rectifiers.
- The half-wave rectifier clips the negative part of waves to 0V.
- The full-wave rectifier inverts the negative half of the signal.
- They can help in creating new LFO shapes, add overtones to audio signals or even transform CV melodies.
- An analog OR gate (MAX) outputs the maximum of two signals.
- It can merge two streams of triggers/gates like its digital counterparts.
- It can even be used on audio sources – creating the same type of inharmonic side-bands as ring-modulators.
- The analog AND gate (MIN) outputs the minimum of the two signals. With it you can mute/un-mute a stream of triggers with another gate, or explore other shades of audio and CV mangling.
- Both MAX and MIN functions can be used to take two voltage sources (such as LFOs) and produce new shapes from tracing either the highest or the lowest voltage present when the signals are combined.
S&H (Sample & Hold)
- A no-nonsense implementation of a classic synthesizer circuit…
- On each trigger received on the TRIG input, the output voltage takes the value of the input voltage and holds this voltage.
- The signal input IN is normalized to a white noise generator – to easily generate stepped random values.
- The white noise signal is also available through the NOISE output jack.
Power: 25mA @ +12V / 25mA @ -12V