The Noise Engineering Fractio Solum is a simple and easy-to-use clock divider/multiplier. Patch a clock to the In jack, dial in a fraction with the encoder, and you’re off!
CV over ratio opens up an extra level of clocking and sequencing power.
FS also includes a mute feature, a reset input, x2 and /2 outs that further divide and multiply the selected ratio by 2, and a BOC output that outputs a trigger each time the division starts a cycle.
- Out/In (display): These two numbers indicate the selected clock ratio. The display can be thought of as a fraction: for instance, if ¾ is displayed, 3 triggers will be output at the Out jack for every 4 triggers that are input at the In jack.
- Ratio: Sets the division/multiplication ratio.
- Ratio (press): Activates a mute on all outputs. Pressing again unmutes the clock while keeping everything in time and phase.
- In: Clock input.
- RST: Reset input. Resets the clock cycle to the beginning
- Out: Clock output based on ratio shown on the Out/In displays.
- x2: Identical to Out but twice the rate.
- /2: Identical to Out but half the rate.
- BOC: Outputs a trigger at the beginning of each clock cycle, based on the /2 output. This means that the main Out jack will complete two cycles every time BOC fires.
- 1-23-N/M: Selects a subset of ratios that can be selected with the encoder or CV. See tables in the MANUAL for a full lists of ratios.
Power: 50mA @ +12v / 14mA @ -12v