The Expert Sleepers ES-9 is a Eurorack 16-in/16-out USB audio interface, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs that can be used for both audio and CVs.
With its balanced 1/4″ main outputs & headphone socket, it’s the perfect one-stop solution for integrating a modular synth and a laptop/tablet, either in the studio or when playing out at a gig.
The ES-9’s 14 analogue inputs allow simultaneous tracking or mixing of a large number of sound sources in your modular, while the 8 DC-coupled outputs are perfect for controlling the modular with Silent Way, Max/MSP, Ableton’s CV Tools, Bitwig Studio or similar, or for sending audio out to the modular for processing.
For even more outputs (up to 48 more), the ES-9 can be expanded with the ES-5. The ES-9 has a dedicated pair of audio channels for the ES-5. Unlike the ES-3 or ES-8, you don’t lose any of the front panel audio outputs when using the ES-5.
It also has a pair of S/PDIF sockets for connecting other digital audio gear, and provides a pair of MIDI sockets (via an optional MIDI BREAKOUT).
For more detail – including the INPUTS & OUTPUTS offered by the standard/unexpanded ES-9 – please see the MANUAL
The ES-9’s specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 16HP
- Module depth (including power cable): 50mm
- Current draw: 451mA on the +12V rail, 133mA on the -12V rail (at 96kHz)
- USB socket: Type C
- Driver suport: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no driver required for macOS and iOS – Windows drivers provided for Windows 7, 8 & 10)
- Channel count: 16 in, 16 out
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Audio sample depth: 24 bit
- Analogue outputs:
- 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Maximum output voltage approximately ±10V
- 2x 1/4″ TRS balanced jacks, AC-coupled (main outs)
- 1x 1/4″ TRS stereo jack, DC-coupled (headphones)
- Analogue inputs:
- 14x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Input voltage range approximately ±10V
- Digital I/O: 1x S/PDIF input (TOSlink), 1x S/PDIF output (TOSlink)
- MIDI I/O: 1 input, 1 output (on breakout)
- Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for MIDI breakout
- Panel controls: headphone volume
- Internal mixer: 8×8 crosspoint mixer
What’s in the box?
- ES-9 module
- Power cable (16 way, 200mm, keyed)
- Cable for ES-5 expansion (10 way, 300mm)
- Bag of 4 mounting screws (M3x6mm)
NOTE: A USB cable is not included. You will need a USB C-to-USB C or USB A-to-USB C cable, depending on what you’ll be connecting the ES-9 to.
Power: 451mA @ +12V @ / 133mA @ -12V (at 96kHz)