The Synthesis Technology E352 is a dual output, wavetable VCO that replaces the older E340 Cloud Generator and the E350 Morphing Terrarium, while adding over 30 new features.
Shipping with all 192 waves of the E350, it also allows 3 User Defined banks (a bank is a 8×8 matrix of 64 individual waves) which are easily loaded using the free WaveEdit application and a uSD card. The WaveEdit program supports PC/Mac/Linux and has a full toolbox for importing, drawing and creating wavetables – WaveEdit AVAILABLE HERE
- User-defined wavetables loaded via microSD card
- 16K color 240 x 320 TFT LCD display
- Grayhill mil-spec optical encoder for data entry
- The latest 200MHz 32-bit ARM DSP
- 16-bit wavetables (versus 8-bit for the E350) for 5x lower noise & THD
- Contains all 192 of the original E350 wavetables
- LFO mode, variable Glitch Energy and other added features
- 3 CVs with dedicated attenuators, that are assigned to various parameters, depending which mode you are in.
- MORPH – The bank waves are blended (‘morphed’) with the 3 CVs. If you want a non-smooth blending (‘glitching’), you turn Phase Interpolation to OFF, and then select the Glitch to be LOW/MED/HI. The E350 only had the HI setting.
- MORPH + PHS (Phase Mode on the E350) – The X PARAMETER becomes a 0-360deg phase shift of OUT2 relative to OUT1. Y PARAMETER is a reversing phase volume control, a Z is a 1-64 scan of the wavetable. Externally mix OUT1 & Out2.
- MORPH+Wfld (Wavefolding) – The X PARAMETER folds OUT1, Y PARAMETER folds OUT2 and Z PARAMETER scans the bank 1-64.
- CLOUD – This is a great improvement over the E340. You can not only have the standard Sine and Saw output clouds, but cloud any individual wave in the active wavetable.
- CLOUD+MORPH – Of all the new features in the E352, this is the #1 awesome thing we added. It’s BOTH Clouding and wavetable morphing at the same time. You have to hear it to believe it.
- 2-OP FM – Not only can you use 2 sine waves as in traditional FM patches, you can select other fixed waves or use the wavetables.
- NOISE – Different types of noise, coupled with a software 24dB ladder filter with variable cutoff and resonance.
Max Depth: 21.6mm
Power: 65mA @+12V / 24mA @-12V