The Expert Sleepers Disting EX – or “Super Disting EX Plus a”, to give it its full name – is a multifunction Eurorack module, building on the rich legacy of the previous Disting incarnations, which can operate as:
- two souped-up Disting mk4s, or as..
- a single powerful module in its own right.
Fully DC-coupled, all inputs and outputs can be CVs or audio, depending on the selected function. The functions on offer include audio processing (filters, delays etc.), CV processing and generation (quantizers, pattern generators etc.), oscillators (VCOs, LFOs etc.), and sample playback.
The original Disting already offers a HUUUUGE amount of features, which can be found HERE
Brand new features for the disting EX include an eight voice polyphonic sample (WAV) player, a powerful stereo tape delay (based on our own Augustus Loop), and a dedicated WAV recorder mode.
When acting as two Disting mk4s, the Disting EX offers these advantages:
- Higher sample rate (96kHz)
- Much more RAM (so all delays, reverbs etc. can be much longer)
- Lower latency when triggering samples (now 700µs)
- And of course, an OLED display.
- Spitfire Audio – work with the world’s best composers, producers, engineers and studios to create virtual instruments and sample libraries from detailed, sophisticated and realistic recordings of instruments. The disting EX’s MicroSD card contains 44 sets of WAVs specially prepared for the disting EX from the Spitfire LABS sample sets – almost 5GB of samples in total – and a discount code redeemable against any of Spitfire’s libraries.
- Goldbaby -With a passion for vintage drum machines, synthesizers, vinyl, tape and music technology, Goldbaby has a fantastic reputation for creating useful and interesting instruments for use in many different genres of music. The disting EX’s MicroSD card contains 27 sets of WAVs from Goldbaby’s “free stuff” page, ready formatted for use by the module.
- Adventure Kid – Kristoffer Ekstrand’s “AKWF FREE” wavetable samples have long been a favourite of disting users. As well as these, the disting EX’s card includes 50 new wavetables from the “AKESWF” collection.
- Input & output voltage range: ±10V
- Compatible with the Doepfer CV/gate bus and the Select Bus.
For more detail, please see the user manual.
Power: 229mA @ +12v / 50mA @ -12v
See DISTING page for videos of original algorithms & features.
Playlist of new DISTING EX features below: