The Expert Sleepers Disting EX – or “Super Disting EX Plus a”, to give it its full name – is a multifunction Eurorack module, building on the rich legacy of the previous Disting incarnations, which can operate as:
- two souped-up Disting mk4s (in DUAL MODE)
- a single powerful module in its own right (in SINGLE MODE)
Fully DC-coupled, all inputs and outputs can be CVs or audio, depending on the selected function. The functions on offer include audio processing (filters, delays etc.), CV processing and generation (quantizers, pattern generators etc.), oscillators (VCOs, LFOs etc.), and sample playback.
The original Disting already offers a huge number of algorithms & features – which can be found HERE – and when you run the Disting EX in DUAL MODE you not only get two separate Disting mk4s running in one module, but also these advantages:
- Higher sample rate (96kHz)
- Much more RAM (so all delays, reverbs etc. can be much longer)
- Lower latency when triggering samples (now 700µs)
- And of course, an OLED display.
There are also a number of DUAL MODE Algorithms which are exclusive to the Disting EX – making use of technical features not available to the MK4 version. These include: Dual Sample & Hold, Oscilloscope, 24dB/oct VCF & Dual Wavetable VCO
However, the new SINGLE MODE algorithms – solely available for the Disting EX – take advantage of its additional processing power and more flexible input & output routing:
Disting EX SINGLE MODE Algorithms:
- Matrix Mixer
- “Augustus Loop” Tape Delay
- SD Multisample
- SD 6 Triggers
- WAV Recorder
- Dream Machine
- Filter Bank
- Poly Wavetable
- Multi FX
- Poly Exciter
- Quad Envelope
- Spitfire Audio – work with the world’s best composers, producers, engineers and studios to create virtual instruments and sample libraries from detailed, sophisticated and realistic recordings of instruments. The disting EX’s MicroSD card contains 44 sets of WAVs specially prepared for the disting EX from the Spitfire LABS sample sets – almost 5GB of samples in total – and a discount code redeemable against any of Spitfire’s libraries.
- Goldbaby -With a passion for vintage drum machines, synthesizers, vinyl, tape and music technology, Goldbaby has a fantastic reputation for creating useful and interesting instruments for use in many different genres of music. The disting EX’s MicroSD card contains 27 sets of WAVs from Goldbaby’s “free stuff” page, ready formatted for use by the module.
- Adventure Kid – Kristoffer Ekstrand’s “AKWF FREE” wavetable samples have long been a favourite of disting users. As well as these, the disting EX’s card includes 50 new wavetables from the “AKESWF” collection.
- Input & output voltage range: ±10V
- Compatible with the Doepfer CV/gate bus and the Select Bus.
- It can also be expanded to add MIDI inputs and outputs via the MIDI BREAKOUT (full-size MIDI connectors) or TINY MIDI BREAKOUT (TRS, Type A or B)
For more detail, please see the user manual.
Power: 229mA @ +12v / 50mA @ -12v
See DISTING page for videos of original algorithms & features.
Playlist of new DISTING EX features below: