The Detect-Rx from Steady State Fate (SSF) is a versatile envelope follower, voltage controlled comparator (gate extractor) and rectifier providing many useful prescriptions to fill in your modular needs.
- DETECT-R is the main input and provides an envelope output, rectified output and gate output simultaneously. If a second signal is also patched into the EXTRACT-R, it can be used separately.
- The top two controls and switch alter the response of the resultant envelope. Any signal level from LINE (-10dBv) up to modular (+/-5 to +/-10V) may be used.
- The FREQ switch selects the spectra in which the envelope will respond to dynamic changes from the input signal.
- SMOOTH adds an additional ripple smoothing level control and tracks the FREQ setting
- ENV GAIN controls the level of the envelope and is capable of attenuation as well as a lot of gain for low level input signals and even guitars (some pre-gain may be required for certain guitar pickups)
- THRU provides a buffered copy of the input signal for easy patching of classic envelope follower applications and more
- An LED is provided for visual feedback of the envelope and peak level (clipping) indication.
Some uses for the DETECT-R:
- Create envelopes that follow the input amplitude and frequency spectra
- Slew audio or control voltages
- Create a side chain envelopes for amplitude dynamics
- EXTRACT-R is a voltage controlled comparator with three threshold selections; LINE level, 5V and 10V peak for various levels of control and response. The output gate is normalized into the DETECT-R input by default – providing a second method of producing an envelope from a gate rather than dynamic content.
- RANGE selects the maximum threshold level of the attenuator.
- THR CV is the input for dynamic voltage control of threshold.
- THRESHOLD works as the manual adjustment and as a CV attenuator when CV is utilized.
- An RGB LED is provided for visual feedback of the threshold range and gate activity.
Some uses for the EXTRACT-R:
- Convert any signal into a gate or trigger
- Create a delayed gate or trigger from a sloped waveform
- Create variable pulse waveforms -PWM
- Convert audio into a series of pulses for insane distortion
- Convert audio into pulses to modulate other parameters
RECTIFIER (RECT) inverts negative voltages while leaving any positive signal unchanged.
Some uses for the RECTIFIER:
- Convert bipolar signals into uni-polar positive signals
- Intense second harmonic distortion of audio
- Frequency doubling of bipolar signals in general
Power: 47mA @+12v / 44mA @-12v