PLEASE NOTE: THE BLACK PANEL IS THE STANDARD VERSION (SILVER AVAILABLE ON REQUEST)
The Noise Engineering Cursus Iteritas Percido is the second module in the Percido line of powerful synth voices. Similar to its predecessor the Loquelic Iteritas Percido, CIP takes the original Cursus Iteritas and adds the same musical envelope from LIP with attenuverter-controlled routing to every knob. With the inclusion of the performance-oriented Master Blaster and CV outputs, CIP is a powerhouse of incredibly versatile synthesis.
- Pitch: Sets the pitch. Turn to adjust fine tuning, press and turn to adjust coarse tuning. Encoder sums with the pitch CV input.
- Mode: Sets the behavior of the envelope (Trig: In Trigger mode, CIP expects a trigger input to start the envelope. Loop: In loop mode, the envelope will continually regenerate. A trigger in will hard reset it on the rising edge; without a trigger in, it will regenerate based on the parameters set on CIP. Free: Free-running mode is the original Cursus Iteritas. The oscillator will continue to run. A trigger in will still reset the envelope on the trigger rising edge, but will not affect the volume.
- Algo: Selects which orthogonal function set is used to produce the wavetable (Daub: Daubechies – uses wavelets. Four: Fourier – uses sine waves. Walsh: uses the Walsh Transforms)
- Hit: Momentary button to manually trigger CIP. When depressed, CIP behaves like it received a rising edge on a trigger.
- Time: Controls the length of the envelope.
- AT/DC: Controls the attack and decay of the envelope. All the way CCW, the envelope is all decay; all the way CW, attack dominates. Turning the knob transitions between these two extremes gradually.
- Shape: controls the shape of the curve: CCW gives an exponential curve, while CW gives a logarithmic curve. In the center, the shape is linear.
The pitch and five tone controls have envelope send attenuverters. Positioned at 12:00, the envelope is off and does not route to a parameter. Fully CCW results in an inverted envelope send. Fully CW yields full positive send.
- Center: Selects the center harmonic used to build the wavetable
- Width: Controls how many different harmonics are used to create the wavetable
- Balance: Allows selection of harmonics included in the output.
- Edge: Controls the oversampling filter of the wavetable. As this is turned to the right, it will add musical overtones.
- Fold: Wavefolder. Awesome.
MASTER BLASTER: One knob to rule them all.
Master Blaster is a performance-oriented master attenuverter for all envelope sends. At center, all sends are off. Fully clockwise, all envelopes send the full amount set by their respective knobs. Fully counterclockwise, all envelopes send the inverted full amount set by their respective knobs.
- MB Out: 0-5v output based on the position of the MASTER BLASTER knob to send to other modules.
- Sync: Triggers edge-based oscillator reset.
- Trig: Input to trigger CIP. The envelope also resets (in any mode) when CIP receives a trigger
- Env out: Output to send envelope to other modules.
- Audio Out: AC-coupled audio output.
For details on the original CURSUS ITERITAS check HERE
Power: A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
With external 5v selected: 60mA @ +12v / 60mA @ -12v / 75mA @ +5v
With internal 5v selected : 105mA @ +12v / 60mA @ -12v / 0mA @ +5v