Clep Diaz is a handy and small step CV and LFO generator. In step and random modes, use the encoder to control the number of steps in the sequence; in LFO mode, the encoder controls the amplitude of the wave. Toggle the directionality of the sequence: up, down, or up/down to customize the CVs further. CD also gives CV control over the number of steps in the sequence and an end-of-cycle trigger output. Unipolar and bipolar outputs allow maximal control.
- step/rand/lfo – Mode switch to move between Step, Random, and LFO modes. In Step and Random modes, CD outputs a sequence of a controllable number of steps; use the Count encoder (below) to set. In Step mode, steps will move only in the chosen direction (resetting at the end of the cycle). In Random mode, CD randomizes the values of the steps in the sequence to create variation. In LFO mode, CD outputs a smooth noise LFO based on the timing of the input clock. As the Count knob is turned CW, the amplitude is increased. If the number of steps in the sequence is divisible by three, the top LED will glow dimly; if it is divisible by four, it will glow brightly.
- up/updn/dn – In Step and Random modes, this determines the directionality of the steps. In LFO mode, this controls the symmetry of the wave: Up subtly decreases the slope of the rise of the wave, updn makes the LFO wave symmetrical, and dn subtly decreases the slope of the decay of the LFO wave. The max number of steps in up and down modes is 32. In updn mode, the max is 63 steps.
- Count – An encoder. If no lights are lit on the LED counter, the CV is muted. Turn CW to increase the number of steps in the CV sequence. Tap the encoder to mute the sequence. A second tap will unmute CD, or return it to the state it was in before it was muted. LEDs illuminate to serve as a guide for the number of steps in the current sequence.
- Clk – Clock input. Advances the current step.
- Rst – Optional clock input to reset CD at the beginning of the pattern.
- CV – CV input control over the number of steps in the cycle
- BOC – Outputs a single trigger pulse at the beginning of each cycle. In LFO mode, this is random.
- Bi/Uni – Bipolar and Unipolar CV outputs. Outputs are not quantized.
Power: 44mA @ +12v / 10mA @ -12v