The Brain Seed is a realtime step recorder with many extras that packs as much fun and functionality as could be wedged behind a 4hp panel while keeping the interface as intuitive as possible!
- Use as digital S&H (no drift!), random generator, simple quantizer, note or modulation recorder, rhythm generator, pseudo arpeggiator, etc…
- Capture values from your keyboard (using a midi-CV interface), LFOs, chaos generators, noise, envelopes, DC offset knobs, etc…
- Capture sequences from your other sequencers, use the Brain Seed to simply add that “one more” track that you need to make your composition complete, etc…
QUICK START GUIDE IS HERE
- Record and playback up to 1000 steps
- Random voltage generator function – When nothing is input ( Seed In), the brain seed will produce random voltages while ReSeed is active, making the Brain Seed a random CV/note generator. If you hear something that you like, use ReSeed to capture some of the random goodness
- Shift input to transpose sequences
- Tri-colored LED by each button to show its state
- Automated (gate in) or manual recording via the ReSeed input
- Variable or fixed length modes
- Save function to keep your sequence on power down
- 1-button simple quantizer on the output = Your choice of No/Yes/Major/Minor notes
- Freeze – When Frz is high, the Brain Seed “freezes” in place, holding its current value and producing no new triggers. There is a jumper on the back that can change this input into a standard reset (we also included a header on the back so that you can make your own reset jack externally while keeping Freeze intact).
- Trigger out – Each time the Brain Seed progresses from one step to another, a trigger is produced. In CV mode, combined with Freeze, you can produce some really fun, grin-worthy trigger streams…
- Cycle input = Progress through your sequence with a clock in a standard linear fashion, or bounce/pendulum <> mode, or with random step selection on each clock input. The 4th mode is CV Cycle, scrub though your sequences with LFOs, envelopes, joysticks, or use an external mixer to combine CV sources!
Power: 45mA @ +12v / 45mA @ -12v