The WMD Aperture is a variable-width bandpass filter with fast and tactile controls. It is capable of simple filtering, self oscillation FM timbres, nasty acidic squelches, and capturing images of UFOs descending from the heavens on a cold winter’s night. The concept is a bandpass that ranges from transparent to gnarly, with precision controls that behave under stress, all while being joyful to wreak havoc with.
Two separate filter cores – a Highpass and a Lowpass – combine to create a Bandpass filter with voltage-controlled Width. A 2-mode Feedback circuit allows for some serious devastation, while a VCA at the input gives you VC-drive/gain. The Wet/Dry control allows for insanely processed sounds to be mixed with the original signal for added heft, and to retain clarity.
- Variable bandwidth via tactile and CV controls
- Eight pole filter core
- Independent resonance and self oscillation of both sides of the filter with CV
- Feedback circuit with two modes and CV
- Input level VCA
- Additional CV for opening the band either side of Center
- V/oct tracking
- Temperature compensated
- Dry / Wet mix for parallel filtering sounds
Power: 120mA @+12v / 100mA @-12v