The Dreadbox Antidote is full Karplus-Strong synthesis voice, based around analogue Bucket Brigade Delay (BBD) chips, all in only 10hp.
- Full Karplus-Strong Synthesis Voice
- Analog circuit based on a 512stages BBD chip
- On board Noise Generator with a variable decay (pluck)
- Two Analog Low Pass Filters (one in the input and one in the output)
- Output Filter can be used as a Low Pass Gate
- Precision tracking over 5 octaves (from C0 up to B4)
- Frequency/delay time range: C0 @16,35hZ (61ms) up to B4 @493,9hZ (2,1ms)
Antidote can process external audio signals, so therefore it can also be used as:
- Flanger (requires external LFO)
- Chorus (requires external LFO)
Analogue Bucket Brigade Delay – BBD – chips are full of character, but there is always some kind of trade-off in terms of range of delay times vs frequency response & audio fidelity.
- C0 to F#0 will produce a hight pitched noise
- Depending on the external input and the LFO source, clicks and peaks might be audible.
- Karplus-Strong synthesis is used to generate emulations of stringed instruments.
- This is achieved by sending a sharp burst of noise through a very short delay.
- The delay time will determine the pitch of the “note”, and the feedback will control how long it rings out for.
- Antidote uses a 512 stage BBD delay chip, which determines the 5 octave tracking limit.
- By plugging into the external input, you can use the module as a resonator, flanger or chorus – the latter 2 requiring an external LFO to modulate the delay time.
Power: 92mA @ +12V @ / 43mA @ -12V